August 25, 2008

OBAMA IS NO JFK!!

It has been quite a while since I've made an entry on here, but I couldn't let this week go by without putting my 2 cents worth in. I was just listening to Carolyn Kennedy speaking at the DNC convention and I know her father would be turning over in his grave at the thought of her endorsing Barack Obama. He was a devout Roman Catholic who almost didn't win the 1960 election because of his religious beliefs. Jack Kennedy would never have supported partial birth abortions. Jack Kennedy wasn't for marriage between a man & a man or a woman & a woman. I'm sure in the 60's these weren't issues that he ever could have dreamed would be in the political forum of the 21st century. In fact I highly doubt he EVER thought of this possibility in humanity.
Trust me the protesters downtown who think that they can "Recreate 68" have no idea what was even happening in 1968. Young men were being drafted and sent to Vietnam, yet they couldn't even vote for president. Woman had to fight for jobs that they were more qualified for than a man. Blacks were in the minority. The thought of a biracial, arrogant, affirmative action propelled politician would have been the hallucination of someones bad acid trip!! Ya know, wouldn't that be nice if that's all it really was, a very, very bad nightmare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show your interest by leaving a tasteful comment only, thanks